I am ALWAYS thinking about my business and ways to improve it and myself as a business owner.
Join us during our Black Tuesday event tomorrow! We will have DOORBUSTERS til 3pm pst and 30% off of our entire shop!
Coupon Code: HOLIDAY30 is valid at Midnight!
Here's 10 tips for navigating our sale tomorrow!
1. Go in and see what's available NOW, so that you can have quick fingers tomorrow morning because you've already decided your HOLIDAY MUST HAVES.
2. Set the timer on your coffee pot and get up 30 minutes early so you are free from the little rascals (cute but needy) and any other distractions.
3. Sign up for our rewards BEFORE you shop! This makes your money go even further with points for every dollar you spend! Find the sign up at the very bottom tab of our site!
4. Grab the DOORBUSTERS FIRST! These will sell out very quickly so be sure to snag them and checkout while they last! You can always come back for more!
5. Buy presents for your friends! We have tons of unique items that will be so exciting for them to open! Every lady loves prezzies that she can relate to and wear with pride! Our products will be a guaranteed HIT every time!
6. Share with your friends! Because DUH! Then they'll know exactly what to buy you!
7. Remember, the DOORBUSTERS are NON-REFUNDABLE. No exchanges or refunds will be given for these heavily discounted items. (We don't want them back! Gift them!)
8. Spend $100 and GET FREE U.S. SHIPPING on top of your already SUPER awesome stash of deals! International customers can spend $200 and get FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING!
9. Eat Christmas cookies while shopping, it just FEELS right...
10. 30% off is basically 40% off, and 40% off is basically HALF OFF so take advantage of this once a year BIGGEST SALE EVER!
Happy shopping Ladies (and gentlemen)!
Ask and you shall receive!
Well, maybe you've been asking for quite some time and we've been a tad stubborn! But, without further ado... Our long awaited StrawRev Kid's line is now available in the shop!
Boy oh boy did we work hard to provide our customers with high quality, scaled to size, mini versions of our most popular headbands! This new line has been a 'work of heart' and we are so glad it's finally here for you see and enjoy!
Our new kid's headbands have been carefully designed and precisely measured for smaller noggins! They have gone through months of testing and tweaking to ensure that they truly mimic our stay-put features that our customers know and love!
All of our fabrics are printed with chemical-free ink and are hand selected for ultra softness and comfort!
We have two different styles available...
The TRUEfit Band™ - which can be enjoyed for all things fitness and all things FUN! From softball practice, swimming at the lake, to a busy day at school; these are amazing little pieces of heaven that stay GLUED to your head ALL.DAY.LONG.
Then we have our BOHO Twist Tie-backs™- These guys you can wear pretty much anywhere to look fabulous and stylin'! These have our signature stretch ties in the back and can be worn FOUR different ways. Twisted, Wide, Knotted, and Double twisted.
We hope you enjoy this new "ERA" of the Revolution as much as we do!
Please enjoy this fun video of our big photoshoot and then go shopping!
Strawberry Revolution is known for our AMAZING vast array of headbands that stay put. We wanted to share just a few out of our hundreds of 5 star reviews from our facebook page! Take a look at what our customers are saying about our products!
Happy Wednesday StrawRevvies!
We have another AMAZING Mom Boss to feature this morning! I'm a little biased about this one, she is truly GOLDEN to me. We all have a "person" right? Someone we celebrate triumphs with and whine about failures to... Someone to build us up and keep us in check. Well *SHE* is MINE, my person. The best friend I could ask for in this crazy entrepreneur world! I'd like introduce Melissa Shaw from Darling Baby Shop.
Melissa is a super talented and multi tasking mama! Just over 4 years ago she started her photography business and shortly after got into making Newborn Props for her Darling Baby Shop. For a long while she juggled 2 businesses plus her regular "day job"... And, most importantly, stayed sane through it all! As time went on she had a baby bundle-of-joy herself and has since simplified her life greatly. She has hung up her camera, quit her day job, and now lives and breathes Darling Baby Shop full time. And of course she still wrangles her one year and maintains a happy and healthy home life as well!
Here's her Mom Boss interview:
- Melissa Shaw
What is your business name, how long have you been in business, what service you offer?
- Darling Baby Shop, 3 years, photography props and (newly) a kid's clothing line
Do you have a studio/office/store? Or work from home? If so, how big is your workspace?
- I have the absolute pleasure of working from home. My husband and I recently remodeled our entire downstairs & it is turning into my office/my daughter's play room. My business continues to grow and my current office space is just too small.
How many kiddos do you wrangle daily?
- Just one (for now) and she is 1 year!
How many work days/hours do you work per week?
- I work 7 days a week, and my hours differ. Sadly for my family, I'm working Sat & Sun packing and shipping orders & Mon-Fri I am cutting, sewing, answering emails, maintaining my inventory, supply shopping, planning upcoming releases, maintaining my website, designing and so much more!
How many days/hours do you THINK about work?
- I never stop thinking about work. I literally was thinking at 11pm last night, in bed, how genius it would be for someone to create a cellphone holder that rests on your pillow while holding your phone, so maniacs like me can continue to work, in bed, without my arms/wrists falling asleep :) I'm a big list maker and was making my Monday morning lists while in bed last night; I had a brilliant idea that I just had to write out so I didn't forget it!
What is your showering schedule?
- Ok so this is an embarrassing question, but I'll answer it honestly. I shower every day, but wash my hair every three days :| Sometimes I don't get a shower in until 6pm, but I make sure I've showered! I always wear my StrawRev Studio Tie-back & that really helps get those three days out of not washing my hair!
What is the funniest thing you’ve experienced being a mompreneur?
- Causing my local Fabric Store's checkers to ask me, "are you really buying all this fabric????" Uh, yep I am!
If you had to describe your life (overall) in one word it would be:
Ok that was hard. Use 3 words:
- Crazy but fulfilled
What is a time where you felt “mom guilt”?
- I feel mom guilt just about every day :( I wish I could spend more time with my daughter during the day, as in, sitting down and sharing a book read together, but I have to remind myself that everything I do is for her and my husband!
What does your typical work day look like?
- My weeks are never the same. But, for the most part, I wake and make my coffee. While I'm sipping my coffee I'm making a bottle for my daughter. We spend the morning together and eat breakfast, I get her toys together and we head into my office where I start my day. I am able to get a lot done when my daughter naps twice a day for 2-3 hours each :) Although, she's been teething lately and is only sleeping 1 hour each nap.
What does dinner time look like?
- at the beginning of my career, I was grabbing anything that was fast and easy. After having our daughter, I have made a conscience effort to have dinner on the table by 5pm (my husband gets home early) and we sit and eat as a family. Sunday mornings I make my week's shopping list and head to the grocery store to plan our week's meal plan. The only thing I'm lacking now is getting exercise in! I'm trying to carve out an hour a day to walk, but that's so tough.
Has there ever been a life changing moment or incident when you realized you are working too much and need to cut back? Tell us about that moment.
- Yes, recently I decided I needed to set aside more time at night with my family. After dinner time, I make sure I'm sitting down with my husband and baby girl and we catch up! Sometimes my husband and I are just ships passing in the night, and this extra time really helps us decompress and spend quality time.
What is one thing that has helped you keep family and work life balanced ?
- That's a tough question, but I would say us making the effort to spend time together at night has helped. Phones are put aside, tv is off and we're focused on one another.
What is one product that you can recommend to other Mompreneurs to make life easier?
- My Straw Rev Studio Tieback is so handy and helps me look somewhat normal, those days I'm in sweats until 6pm :) But I would also say my 30oz waterjug with a handle; I'm able to drink two of those before lunch and that ensures I'm getting my water intake in!
What can we find on your desk most days?
- Oh my gosh, this is also embarrassing. My desk is always a mess: new fabrics, partially cut fabric, coffee mug, multivitamins.
What is your favorite thing to do FOR YOU?
- PEDICURE! I can sit, check my email, not talk to anyone and get my feet rubbed! it's my fave thing to do when I can.
What is your FAVORITE thing about being a #MOMBOSS?
- I set my own schedule!
If you had a “Real Housewives” slogan what would it be?
- I may have bags under my eyes, but they sure are Darling, Baby!
If you could have a super power what would it be?
- Freeze time!
What do you want your children to learn from seeing you work so hard?
- Seeing that success isn't bought, it's earned and it takes a lot to be successful.
What is your idea of success "business wise"?
Success is the accomplishment of an aim or purpose. My purpose in business is to create affordable and timeless garments and props to the masses. I think I'm doing that! I want my customers to be able to use my items over and over but also be able to use them in a variety of different setups, creating a different feel with each use. By keeping my items at an affordable price, yet not sacrificing quality, I am able to create timelessness that will never go out of style and giving you mainstay items for your collection.
We are all about giving back here at StrawRev, do you donate or give back to any cause?
- Yes, a local Dog Rescue, Valhalla Canine Rescue. We have a special place in our hearts for dogs and wanted to give back to a great rescue. We researched several rescues and Valhalla was our 1st choice.
And DUH, what’s your favorite product in the StrawRev.com Shop?
- Ummmm, everything.
Thank you Melissa for taking time out of your crazy-blessed life to answer a few questions!
As a BONUS Darling Baby Shop is giving away a $50 STORE CREDIT to one our lucky followers! GO like her facebook page here and follow on Instagram @darlingbaby and then Enter to win this awesome prize below!
Darling Baby Shop is now blossoming into an everyday wear boutique shop for Babies and children. Check out her clothing line here and stay tuned for her (absolutely beautiful) Kid's line coming out in the next few months!
Alright, we admit it. We have slacked a little on keeping up with our MOM BOSS stories - real life mompreneurs sharing their real life. We will slack no more, and bring you the stories of women who inspire and create, live and love.
Breaking the hiatus is Abby Bement, the artist and mompreneur behind Party of Nine. Abby, her husband Craig, and their 7 kiddos are the Party of Nine. And if you haven't checked out their shop, you need to go! Now! Together they create amazing reclaimed wood signs, and we are OBSESSED! Seriously, go check out her Etsy shop now!
Here is what Abby has to say about her crazy mompreneur life:
Your name? Abby Bement
What is your business name, how long have you been in business, what service you offer? Party of Nine, I've been in business about 2 years, started out refinishing furniture and then randomly made a sign on some reclaimed wood and had a lot of people asking for one and eventually that took over. I mostly do signs at this point.
Do you have a studio/office/store? Or work from home? If so, how big is your workspace? I have a studio space in our home where I do most of my painting, it's about 100 sq. ft. We have a large garage that functions as a workshop for assembling.
How many kiddos do you wrangle daily? We are a blended family with seven kids though two are off at college. I have three (18 yrs old (special needs), 14 yrs old & 10 yrs old) and my husband has four (21 yrs old, 18 yrs old, 15 yrs old and 11 yrs old). Needless to say our house is loud and crazy!
How many work days/hours do you work per week? I work A LOT, generally seven days a week and these days as business has increased most days it's 8-10 hours a day (too much).
How many days/hours do you THINK about work? All of them!
What is your showering schedule? I usually shower at midnight when I finish working, I wish I could say that I do it every day but let's be realistic, some nights the thought of doing anything other than just going to bed is too much.
What is the funniest thing you’ve experienced being a mompreneur? I don't know if this counts but I always think it's funny when people tell me they admire how much I get done because a lot of the time I feel like I'm failing miserably at getting it all done.
If you had to describe your life (overall) in one word it would be: hectic
Ok that was hard. Use 3 words: really, really, hectic
What is a time where you felt “mom guilt”? I try really hard to get to all my kids events but sometimes I have an event and I have to work. It's hard to not be there for all of their moments. I also have a severely disabled child and sometimes her needs require me to be at home with her or at the hospital if that's a phase we're in. My kids are really empathetic and they love their sister but I know it can be hard for them when it takes me away from something them.
What does your typical work day look like? I start work as soon as everyone is off to school in the morning, take a break when it's time to pick up from school, get everyone to sports, dinner and to bed and then back to work until about midnight.
What does dinner time look like? Don't even get me started on this one! We try to make everyone sit down together for dinner but often that is a lost cause. We have four kids in sports so a lot of nights everyone eats as they roll in. And believe me, with this many kids there's always someone bitching about what's for dinner!
Has there ever been a life changing moment or incident when you realized you are working too much and need to cut back? Tell us about that moment. Over Christmas last year I was busier than I've ever been and my 10 year old said to me one day that she never spent time with me anymore, that I was always working. It broke my heart!
What is one thing that has helped you keep family and work life balanced ? Moving, hahaha! We used to live about 15-20 minutes out of town which made it so hard. With so much wasted down time not at home I felt like when I was at home I needed to be working just to keep up. We moved back in October back into town and it was such a huge relief.
What is one product that you can recommend to other Mompreneurs to make life easier? (Mine are studio tiebacks, my Steve Madden easy slip on boots, and probably a book keeper haha) - crock pot
What can we find on your desk most days? (be honest!) Diet Coke
What is your favorite thing to do FOR YOU? I rarely ever get to do it but I love getting massages and pedicures.
What is your FAVORITE thing about being a #MOMBOSS? The freedom it gives me to be with my family. If someone is sick I can be there with them. The flexibility to pick them up from school or work a class party. Being my own boss has been a bit of necessity for me with the special needs of my oldest, there are times where there are a lot of appointments, has been times with a lot of hospital stays and that doesn't go over real well in a traditional job setting.
If you had a “Real Housewives” slogan what would it be? This was hard, I don't know if I have ever watched an episode of Real Housewives (now I think I need to, I feel like I might be missing out of some amazing trashy tv). A friend said "Yachts and private jets are nice but family is everything", I like it!
If you could have a super power what would it be? The ability to clone myself, that would be awesome.
What do you want your children to learn from seeing you work so hard? I want them to learn that there are different types of success. I work hard to make sure our family is successful, not just financially but in our ability to be there for the kids when they need us.
We are all about giving back here at StrawRev, do you donate or give back to any cause? I try to donate items to local organizations as often as I can.
And DUH, what’s your favorite product in the StrawRev.com Shop? Studio tiebacks! I have a tiny head and these are the one thing I have found that actually stay on my head.
If you are interested in being a featured MOM BOSS, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are so excited about our Winter Apparel line that we are giving you a peek plus a chance to save with our Winter Pre-SALE! From now until August 31st, you can save 15% with the code: STRAWREVWINTER
We've added favorites like our MOM BOSS design in a long sleeve flowy tee, and Coffee Makes Me a Better Person design in a hooded long sleeve tee!
We also have some new designs to add to the mix! SPORTS, DIRT & NOISE. Sound familiar? Of course, it's the #momlife. Now you can wear it proud and let everyone know that you are about that life in either a hoodie or a flowy tank!
For all of our TOGS and MAKERS, we have something for you! Bokeh is my Homeboy and I Make Pretty Things, both in either a hooded long sleeve tee or a slouch tee!
Be a Pretty Girl ... the type that is pretty kind, pretty funny, pretty smart and pretty strong with out new slouch tee.
So many new favorites to add to your winter wardrobe! So get shopping, and get saving, now through August 31st!
Hold on to summer with one of our anchor print Studio Tie-Backs™. From now through the end of August, you can purchase any of our Anchor prints for $18! Make the toughest decision of your end-of-summer days whether to get your Anchor Studio Tie-Back™ in Coral or Mint. Get your Anchor Studio Tie-Back™ here.
Strawberry Revolution's Studio Tie-Back™ is a revolutionary design created with usability and comfort in mind for every woman. Wear it thin, wear it wide. Wear it up, wear it down. Great hair days, bad hair days. Errands, workouts, car pooling, or just having fun. With Strawberry Revolution's Studio Tie-Back™, you can make it yours!